Took fenders off in preparation for heater channel surgery. When I removed the rear fender I discovered a rust hole where one of the fender bolts attaches. As you can see by the pics I have some serious rust. I got all the rust off and discovered that there was some sort of foam insulation inside the panel. I cleaned it all out as much as I could. Now I will have to order more sheetmetal. I guess thats how it goes somethimes....especially in this game :)
Sep 23, 2009
Worked on the car this past weekend. Removed carpeting, and wire brushed interior to better see what I have to deal with. As a result I have ordered the Danish sheetmetal from OE VeeDub. I will be updating blog as much as possible. I have a very busy schedule so I will probably limit my work until the weekends.Here are a few more pics..........
Sep 7, 2009
I have commenced taking the car apart to restore the floorpan. At this time it looks like I need to replace back half of RT side floorpan and both forward portions of the LT/RT side heater channels. The LT side looks solid. Just needs a good cleanup and treatment with rust inhibitor. Not sure at this moment if I will perform repairs with the body on or off. I will post pictures as I go along. Here are the first set.